Connex will create new products, if they are missing from QuickBooks. Alternatively, Connex can can be set to not sync the order and flag it as an error in the Transaction log. When this happens, you will be given the opportunity to map the product to the correct item in QuickBooks and then sync the order.
How do I set up this feature?
Login to Connex. At the My Connections page, select the connection within which you wish to enable this feature and click the green Manage button. Next click to expand the Missing Products drop-down and choose 'Flag order as error and map':
How do I use this tool?
1. Sync some orders to QuickBooks in which the products are missing or do not exists in the QuickBooks Item List. In Connex, on the left-hand side, click the Reports link -> Missing Product Mapping.
2. Click Edit.
[Note: You will need to upload a list of items from QuickBooks if its your first time using this tool. See Steps below.]
3. Use the auto-complete tool and start to type the product to match.
4. Choose the Item Name/Number SKU to match.
5. When finished, click Create Mappings and Re-sync orders to save.
6. Run the Web Connector in QuickBooks to sync the flagged orders.
7. Check the Connex Transaction Log for details.
Steps to upload your QuickBooks item list(For Desktop users only):
Export QuickBooks Item List
Connex has an autocomplete box that will find the item in QuickBooks, when you type part of it's name. Although using this feature is optional, it is recommended.
To set it up the auto-complete feature, here are the steps:
- Select the link to Upload QuickBooks Products.
- A new tab will open in your browser.
- In QuickBooks, go to lists and click item list.
- Click excel on the bottom.
- Export all of the items.
- Open the spreadsheet.
- Go to file and click save as.
- Select CSV.
- Upload the sheet to Connex on the Upload QuickBooks Item List page by clicking the 'select files' button
- Close the browser tab.
- Go back to the Product Mapping Tool page or tab and select the 'edit button'.
- Enter a QuickBooks item to map and the type of item to match. If you are mapping shipping methods, choose shipping method from the item type drop down. If you are mapping SKUs, choose product
After I map the products, what happens?
Until you click re-sync, Connex will not save any mappings. Once you are done, click re-sync. Connex will create rules, which map SKU's and QuickBooks items. To see rules, select the Rules Engine icon in the top right nav area of your Connex account.
Connex will queue the missing orders. If you return to the settings page, expand the transactions tab, you will see a comma separated list in the order list field. Run the Web Connector in QuickBooks (File > Update Web Services).
If my products have no SKUs, can I map by title?
If your product has no SKU, then our tool will add the product title as the field to map. In your product mapping tool, you will see title in the field drop down: