Connex can pull the Amazon settlement report and sync a single order. The transaction will add the products as line items with the quantity, SKU, unit price, and tax. Optionally, Connex will add the Amazon fees.
What are the advantages and disadvantages?
There are many advantages:
- You sync one order per settlement report, instead of several hundred.
- Connex adds the Amazon fees.
- It's easier to reconcile and it makes QuickBooks cleaner.
Here are the disadvantages:
- You cannot track sales by customer, since you only have a single order.
- You can only sync ninety days back.
- The sync runs bi-monthly, so you can't see your sales reporting until the next settlement report.
How far back can you sync?
The Amazon settlement report can only go ninety days back. If you need older orders, you can sync individual orders with Amazon directly. As a workaround, you could select summary order in the configure page and choose a one to two week date range. Cloud Cart would summarize them into a single order.
How do I change the sync dates?
- Log in to Connex for QuickBooks then select your Amazon Settlement Connection and click Manage.
- Expand the menu Sync Manually to QuickBooks.
- Enter the last deposit date from the Amazon Settlement Report you wish to sync.
- Click Save/Sync.
I tried to sync Settlement Reports and I cannot see any orders. What am I doing wrong?
The automatic settlement report functionality may not be turned on in your Amazon Seller Central account. You must ask Amazon to automatically schedule these reports.
- Go to this contact form.
- Enter the following information into the contact form.
Contact Reason: Please turn on automatic settlement report for my account.
Changes: I would like to request that the following settlement reports be automatically scheduled for my account:
Flat File Settlement Report: GET_V2_SETTLEMENT_REPORT_DATA_FLAT_FILE
XML Settlement Report: GET_V2_SETTLEMENT_REPORT_DATA_XML
Flat File V2 Settlement Report: GET_V2_SETTLEMENT_REPORT_DATA_FLAT_FILE_V2
Here is a screenshot of the form.
How do I add Amazon Fees?
At the configure page, Expand the Merchant Fees Tab, enter Amazon Fees:
Amazon orders are located using the date that the settlement report became available. If you searched for a deposit on October 20th, our tool searches October 4th to November 3rd whose deposit date matches the deposit date specified.
In some cases, the deposit date can be a day before or the day after you searched. You can use our order previewer to locate reports that are available to download:
- Login to Connex.
- Select your Amazon connection.
- Click configure.
- On the left, click order previewer.
- In the begin and end date fields, enter a date range of reports.
- Click submit.
- Wait for the query to finish.
- Go to the transaction log.
- Locate the rows with the deposit dates:
In this case, entering 10/29/2018 as the deposit date would yield two reports; one from Amazon Canada and one from Amazon US. Our software would filter the reports by selling channel and sync it to QuickBooks.
If a specific report cannot be located, then you can upload the report manually to Connex:
- Login to Amazon Seller Central.
- On top, click reports and click payments.
- Click the all statements tab.
- Using the date range, adjust the range until you see the correct report.
- Make sure download XML is available next to the report.
- Under a report, click download XML and save the report with an extension of .xml:
- Login to Connex.
- Select Amazon settlement and click configure.
- On the bottom left navigation, click upload Amazon orders.
- In the upload form, select the XML file and click submit.
- You will see a list of sales from the report. Run the web connector:
How are shipping and gift wrap fees calculated?
Connex will add line items for shipping and gift wrap, as if you collected sales. If you add Amazon fees, Connex will add the shipping and gift wrap as an expense to cancel it.
What does a sample order look like?
How does Connex calculate the fees from the settlement report?
To get the total deposit, subtract the refund total from the sales receipt total. Please view these sample Amazon Canada orders:
Here is a breakdown:
|Product Charges||$1084.00||The total of all products sold, excluding their fees. QuickBooks multiples the quantity times the unit price excluding tax.|
|Promo Rebates||$17.02||Total discounts from sales.|
|Amazon Fees||$354.46||All fees, including selling fees. This example sale was the total fees from sales plus the subscription fee of $29.99.|
|Shipping||$51.70||Any income for gift wrap, sales tax, or shipping is separated into line items. The total is $198.97.|