This article describes how to set-up QuickBooks POS to work with Connex for QuickBooks. We support QB POS 10 and higher.
I upgraded from one version of QuickBooks POS to a higher version. Is this supported?
During the pairing process, you will be asked to choose from two files. One will say your old version and the other will say your new version. For example, let's say you upgraded from QuickBooks POS v12 to QuickBooks POS v18. This means that POS v12 is still installed and the database server is still running, so it will offer that company file out in the pick list.
If everything is working in v18, they you can uninstall V12. The company file is still there if needed. If you cannot uninstall it, then you need to instruct QuickBooks POS to stop broadcasting that v12 is available:
- Open QuickBooks POS v12.
- Open the company file.
- In the file menu, select single user mode.
Here are the requirements:
- Your QuickBooks POS company file and QuickBooks POS must exist on the same machine. If you run the web connector and it flashes red, then you must install the connection on the server.
- DSL internet is incompatible. You must have a stable, cable internet connection.
- Web Connector version 18.104.22.168 must be installed.
- You must download and install QuickBooks POS 3 SDK Runtime.
Note: Prior to on-boarding, Web Connector version 22.214.171.124 and the QuickBooks POS 3 SDK Runtime file must be installed.
You must have the Intuit Web Connector. In your Windows start menu, go to File > QuickBooks. If the tool is missing, you can download it here. If your web connector says 2.2.071, you must uninstall it and install version 126.96.36.199 by reading this guide.
QuickBooks POS SDK Runtime
You must download the QuickBooks POS 3 SDK Runtime.
QuickBooks POS Multi-User Mode
Go to file > switch to multi-user mode. Otherwise, you will see a blank box when you're asked to pair the web connector.
QuickBooks POS Sales Tax
You must prepare QuickBooks POS to accept outbound connections and sales tax:
- In QuickBooks POS, go to File > Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- In QuickBooks POS, go to File > Preferences > Company > Sales Tax
- Add a location and click save:
Set Up Web Connector
The web connector pings our site, which pings your store. The web connector will receive a text file of order data and transfer it into QuickBooks. You must download a special file to pair QuickBooks POS and Connex for QuickBooks. The text file contains your store login details and the location of our website. Here are the steps:
- After adding your connection on the My Connections page, proceed to Step 1 of the Wizard: What version of QuickBooks do you use? Choose QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- On the web connector, enter your Connex for QuickBooks password in the password field.
- Select auto-run and change the interval to 60.
Get Connection String
- Select your company file from the server and copy the contents of the box:
- Click OK.
- The Connex for QuickBooks website has refreshed to the configure page.
- Enter your QuickBooks POS server, file name, and version:
Click save and sync.