What options are available?
On the Connex configure page, you can choose from several options:
- Company Name (if supplied) or Last Name, First Name
- Company Name (if supplied) or First Name Last Name
- Company Name (if supplied) or Web Store
- Company Name: Job First Name Last Name
- First Name lase Name
- Last Name First Name No Comma
- Last Name First Name
- Single Customer
- Last Name First Name Middle Initial
- Order Source / Parent Source
- Parent: Job First Name Last Name
- Parent: Job Last Name First Name
- Parent: Order number
- Shipping Last Name First Name
- Single Customer 'Web Store'
- Store Name
- Store Name and Currency (i.e. Amazon USD)
- Store Name: Job Last Name, First Name
If you choose company name or LNFN, Connex would match the company or name if no company is available. If you choose Single Customer, you may add the single customer name. By default, Connex uses web store.
What fields does Connex search?
Connex can only search one field at a time. By default, Connex searches the display name as the field. If you chose billing address email, Connex searches the QuickBooks customer email address. If you need to search another field, please contact us.
If I select customer email, can Connex find customers with multiple emails?
Yes, Connex can find customers if the QuickBooks email contains the billing address email. If the billing email was email@example.com, Connex can match firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
If I select customer email, how does Connex create new customers?
Connex will map the display name as field using last name, first name. Here is an example:
How do you match the middle name?
In this case, H might look like the last name. Smith, John H is the customer's display name. The customer's last name is still Smith. The first name is John and the middle name is H:
What if two customers have the same first name and last name?
Connex will try and match the email on the order to the email on the customer record. If the email is blank on the order or on the customer record, the system will assume it's the same customer. If the QuickBooks customer email is firstname.lastname@example.org and the order says email@example.com, the system adds the customer under a customer called web store.
Can Connex create or match sub customers?
Our software can find customers, even if they are jobs of other accounts:
- John Smith
Select one of the parent job options under customer matching.
Single Name Customer Setting
When you select a single name customer mode, Connex will assume that the single name is Web Store. You must tell our software to put all orders under a single customer. In this case, that customer is called ShipStation:
- Login to Connex .
- At the configure page, scroll down to customer settings.
- Select single name as the customer mode.
- As the single name customer, enter ShipStation.
- Click submit.
New orders will now enter QuickBooks under a customer called ShipStation:
When you open the order, it will have the customer's full details:
Advanced Customer Settings:
Under the Advance Customer tab, you can choose to sync your customers under a Parent option or choose No Parent.
1. Login to Connex, click manage at My Connections.
2. Expand Advanced Customer
3. Choose an option from the dropdown