This article describes syncing inventory from QuickBooks to your online store. You must update items in QuickBooks Online, so the quantity on hand flows to your store.
Must have the Standard or higher subscription plan. Not available with the Starter plan(s).
As our system syncs orders to QuickBooks and matches the order items with the QuickBooks product name field. The associated product's quantity on hand decreases in QuickBooks, based on the sale.
Set-up Inventory Auto- Sync
If you are using a connection where Cloud Cart Connector can sync inventory from QuickBooks to your online store, you will see the menu option in your Cloud Cart "All Settings" page called "Sync Inventory from QuickBooks Manually".
Here are the steps to configure the inventory sync functionality in Cloud Cart:
- Log into https://www.cloudcartconnector.com using your Intuit email address.
- At the 'My Connections' page click the blue configure button under an existing connection.
- At the 'All Settings' page, expand the menu Sync Direction.
- Choose the menu option under Sync Direction "Sync Orders to QuickBooks and Inventory from QuickBooks" and click 'Sync'.
- Expand the "Sync Inventory from QuickBooks Manually" menu to adjust any inventory sync settings. Inventory updates sync to your website when inventory items are modified in QuickBooks after purchase orders, inventory adjustments or sales are made. You may adjust the inventory sync timers back 90 days to sync modified inventory items in QuickBooks to your website.
How to Adjust QuickBooks Inventory Quantities
You must receive the items in QuickBooks by performing an inventory adjustment or by creating a PO and a bill. Here are the steps:
You can easily adjust inventory in QuickBooks Online:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear > products and services.
- Double click an item
- Click the inventory adjustment button
- Change the quantity
- Click save
This screenshot will show you how to make an inventory adjustment.
To increment inventory with a PO, you must copy the PO to a bill. Here are the steps:
- Click suppliers on the left
- Choose the supplier
- Choose the PO
- On the right, click copy to bill.
If you do not copy the PO to a bill, then inventory is never received and the quantity on hand stays the same. Here is a screenshot of copying a PO to a bill.