Connex for QuickBooks and Cloud Cart Connector is compatible with Magento Community and Magento Enterprise.
What are the prerequisites?
Please ask your web hosting company to allow XML-RPC.NET requests. Here is a sample request to ensure our software can pair. Please note the user agent header:
Our software communicates to Magento through a XML-RPC web service and there are no files to install. Our solution works with Magento 1.5 and higher with Magento Community and Enterprise. It works with all versions of Magento GO.
Once you have met system requirements, you must add a web service user name and password in Magento. This special login is different than your website admin user name and password. To set up the web service login, follow these steps:
- Login to your Magento admin: /index.php/admin
- Go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC Roles (might say just Roles)
- Add a role called WS2
- Click role resources and select all as resource access:
- Go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC Users (might say just Users)
- Click add new user
- Complete the form:
- Save the user.
- On the left, click on user roles.
- Add the user to the WS2 role:
- Click save user.
- In your Connex for QuickBoks or Cloud Cart Connector account, enter Joe as the user name. Do not enter the email field!
If you do not add the user to the role, then the pairing will fail. There should be a blue button on the user role tab, indicating the user is in the role.
Log into Connex for QuickBooks or Cloud Cart Connector and add a new connection, choose Magento. Your user name comes from the user name field, which in this case is Joe. Your API key is your password.
This can be a different format per user. Here are some acceptable formats:
If you have login issues, try using one of the URLs above. When you visit your site, make sure there is no redirect. If you use www in the URL, it cannot redirect to mysite.com.
- Any custom discounts should be mapped to the Magento OrderInfo discount_amount field. Our software will aggregate all discounts into a single line called order discount.
- Custom line items should be added to the OrderInfo items object. They should appear as if the customer added them to the shopping cart. Look at an order item on an existing sale to see how fields map.
- Any custom fees can be added to the OrderInfo fee_amount field. These fees will appear as a separate line item as a positive amount. If you want the product name and a description, map them to the items list.
- Any notes should be mapped to the OrderInfo comments field. Our software maps the comments to the QuickBooks memo field.
- If you need to map sales reps, map the sales rep to the OrderInfo sales_rep field.
How do I test these fields?
In this example, the user wants to map a custom field called customer_note to the QuickBooks memo field. Our tool calls this field note. Here are the steps:
- Using Restlet client, you can perform the calls to pull the order info object.
- Map customer note to comments in Magento.
- Login to Cloud Cart Connector.
- Click configure.
- Click order previewer on the left.
- Enter the order number to search.
- Click the fields column.
- Look at the note field.
Can I use the Magento invoice order number and date, instead of the Magento order number and date?
You must pull orders that exist in the Magento invoice module. To map these fields, here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- At the my connections page, click manage.
- Expand sync manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, select invoice-module. Do not add other order statuses or this method will fail.
- Click save settings and sync now.
Any order located in the Magento invoice module will sync. Each invoice will have its own status, like pending or complete. To filter orders again, follow these steps:
Do you support bundled items?
Connex for QuickBooks and Cloud Cart Connector will sync the parent bundled item SKU to QuickBooks. If you want to sync just the sub items in the bundle, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks or Cloud Cart Connector.
- Click manage.
- Expand advanced transaction.
- Check 'Sync bundle sub items to QuickBooks. Leave unchecked if you use grouped items in QuickBooks.'
- Click save and sync.
If the bundled items have price, then QuickBooks will have no price. Here is the end result of the setting.