The Connex software can pull a list of objects from Salesforce. You could create an object called events and map the event to a sales receipt in QuickBooks. Based on the one you select, our software will pull a list of fields to map. In this example, we created a custom object called invoice and we will map the fields.
What does a mapping look like?
Here is an example mapping.
How do I add field mappings?
In this example, our custom object is called Invoice__c. Here are the steps:
- Login to your Connex account.
- At the My Connections page, select Salesforce under existing connections.
- Click the 'Manage' button.
- Select the "Map Custom Objects' link in the left nav area.
5. Click the add new record button.
6. Select your custom object, the field name, and the field name to map. In this example, we will map the QuickBooks date and Salesforce date fields:
How do I map order items?
Our software can search the Salesforce order items table for line items. You must map the order ID. Add this mapping:
My custom object has no order items. It has a single product. How do I map the fields?
You can select the order detail field. Refer to the example mapping at the beginning of this article.
How does Connex filter custom objects?
Our software can filter custom objects by their creation date or their Salesforce Id. To filter by date, go to the All Settings page. Scroll down to Export settings and change the date. To filter by ID, go to the order export tab. In the order list field, enter a comma-separated list of IDs.
How can I map a relationship to the contact or account objects?
In the custom field name drop down, you can select account ID or contact ID. Our softwaret will map the name, phone, and email from those fields.
If I update my custom object in Salesforce, can Connex update the order in QuickBooks?
Yes, our software can track updates. In your Connex account, expand the Advanced Transaction menu and select update matching transactions setting.
How do I test the field mappings tool?
You can use our order previewer tool:
- In your Connex account
- Click reports in the left nav.
- Select order previewer.
- Enter a date range when the custom objects were created in Salesforce.
In this example, our tool will query for all custom invoices made since 2015.